Below are listings for current openings with member choruses.
The posting chorus is responsible for all of the information as it appears. The Sister Singers Network is not a party to any agreement between the chorus and the applicant.
MUSE, Cincinnati's Women's Choir, is seeking a Business Manager. The position oversees all administrative and production aspects of the organization's operations and also is integral to the organization's audience development and fundraising activities. The Business Manager reports to the Board of Directors and collaborates closely with the Artistic Director, Production Coordinator, and volunteers.
MUSE, Cincinnati's Women's Choir, is a 65 member auditioned choir in the culturally rich city of Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1983 by Dr. Catherine Roma and currently under the direction of an interim artistic director, MUSE is one of the most highly regarded women's choirs in the nation. MUSE has built a feminist, collaborative culture and developed democratic decision-making structures. MUSE is committed to increasing the repertoire of choral music for a wide range of women's voices and seeks to continue the choir's growth as a diverse musical organization supporting peace and justice issues. For more information, please see www.musechoir.org.
The Business Manager's scope of services includes:
- Oversee and coordinate all administrative aspects of the organization's operations and productions
- Assist in creating and adhering to a budget; track all expenses in adherence with approved budget
- Implement fundraising and development, marketing, audience development, and merchandising strategies developed by MUSE's Development and Marketing Committees
- Manage internal and external communications, including compilation and dissemination of the weekly Choir Wire, quarterly newsletters, press releases, and other concert promotion
- Coordinate concert program production and collaborate with the Production Coordinator, as needed, on all other concert production duties
- Manage the website
- Recruit and facilitate the work of volunteers in assisting in overall operations
The contract allows a great deal of flexibility but requires some evening and weekend work, including but not limited to committee and board meetings, concerts, and attendance at some Monday evening rehearsals, as well as some availability during normal business hours.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience with development and fundraising in a non-profit or arts organization
- Marketing and communications experience, especially related to audience development
- Superior writing, organization, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills required. MS Word and Excel required; experience with QuickBooks, Access, and SalesForce a plus
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively in group decision making settings
- Must be flexible, possess a strong work ethic, show initiative, and have the ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
Applications accepted through December 19, 2016. Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Complete curriculum vitae
- Names of three references (name with full title, email address, phone number)
Applications may be returned digitally to email@example.com.
Candidates for Business Manager must be committed to the MUSE Philosophy: MUSE is an inclusive and feminist choral community advocating for peace and social justice. We unite our voices to raise awareness and inspire change in ourselves, our audiences, and in our world through partnerships that honor the humanity and enduring spirit of all people
Download a PDF of this announcement.